We advocate and catalyze the fusion of cyber defense and strategy execution disciplines with a focus on accelerating cyber defense strategy implementations.
The change in threat agents from ‘script kiddies’ to the ‘advanced persistent threat’ is acute. These stark statistics show that our current ’best practice’ cyber defense strategies are no longer adequate:
”Data theft and breeches from cybercrime may have cost businesses as much as $1Trillion globally in lost intellectual property and expenditures for repairing the damage last year.”
- McAfee, “Unsecured Economies: Protecting Vital Information”
“The recent intrusions reported by Google are a stark reminder of the importance of these cyber assets, and a wake-up call to those who have not taken this problem seriously.”
- Dennis Blair, 2010 Annual Threat Assessment
In response, many initiatives to overhaul our cyber defense posture with new policies and strategies have begun:
- National Strategy for Trusted Identities in Cyberspace (NSTIC)
- United States Cyber Command (USCYBERCOM)
- Identity Credential and Access Management (ICAM) Segment Architecture
Executing such strategies with urgency and accuracy across US Agencies and Critical Infrastructures are imperative to the continued prosperity of our nation. Yet, at the same time, we must acknowledge that executing strategy is extremely challenging:
“Studies have shown that 10% of effectively formulated strategies carry through to successful implementation.”
- Raymond Levitt, Ph.D, ”Executing Strategy”, Harvard Business School Press
- We must rapidly execute new cyber defense strategies.
- Historically, only 10% of similar strategy execution efforts are successful.
Fortunately, proven methods and principles for successfully executing sweeping strategies already exist. They have been proven through countless business transformations and thoroughly researched over decades by some of the most brilliant minds in industry and academia.
To date, however, these methods and principles are not widely known within the current cyber security work force. The RedShield Association brings these proven strategy execution disciplines into the cyber security workforce to accelerate cyber defense strategy implementations and increase project success rates.